Tuesday, April 21, 2026

Good omens series

 I read Terry Pratchett as a teen along with Poul Anderson. The books were light simple prose, lots of puns and amusing at the time. 

I therfore did not have any interest in watching good omens. The show is similarly light but watchable with some interesting cgi and an incredible performance by David Tennant who is finally able to show his full range of acting. There are several nods to Dr. Who in the series.

It made me think about good vs evil and how much of the conversation is resurfacing lately. This is an enjoyable welcome antidote. Sometimes silly, sometimes displaying irritation and sarcasm in the most pythonesque way imaginable. Very reminiscent of Douglas Adams. 

I'm leaving out any conversation about the other author because the book was written by Pratchett and the series reflects that style quite closely.

As an adult I probably got a lot more out of it. It's been updated for modern times and the jokes were most welcome. Fun.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Good Omens series and thought the ending of season 2 was kind of sad. The final season is coming out but as a two hour movie in May I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Codex: Pratchett only wrote happy endings. He believed that things turn out well.

      The other author changed it while dealing with his own personal mess. I did however like that power is tempting and that even Aziraphale thinks he can do good. Nice twist that a demon has more morals and doesn't want power.

      Many great lines but when Crowley sits on the bench; wrong bench to the spy. So funny. Spies with their own benches...Terrified plants. They really don't write that type of humor anymore.

      Really enjoyed it.

      Delete

Climate change articles

Here are some interesting articles on reciprocal fire management and climate change https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/czdmvr984yyo https://w...