This fluffball is the Shima Enaga bird which inhabits the northern region in Japan. I recently came across this little creature; snowball in the front, tree bark camouflage in the back. Of course the cutest bird happens to be Japanese.
In order to escape what is going on I engaged in the banalities of life. Here are some movie reviews:
Superman (2025) Utterly silly and juvenile. I do not know why people liked it so much. The attempts at diversity fail in my opinion. Superman is hardly an alien who can compare to the current situation.
Remarkably bright creatures. Simple but delightful magic realism and it doesn't need to be anything more. Not a movie I would usually watch.
Fantastic Beasts series. This was a surprise. The CGI is stunning, the movies are very beautiful. Newt scamander is an independent wizard who rescues endangered magical creatures. The third installment deals with the evil Grindelwald during world War 2 a parallel in the magical world to actual events in the real world. Unfortunately, the series was canceled before we can see the outcome of his defeat.
The HP book/movie series was more subtle; the purebred wizards who were dismissive of half blood wizards. Here in the prequel they want to rule them. The comedic genius of Dan Fogler is there for comic relief on a very serious subject matter. I really enjoyed it.
There is one scene that stuck with me in particular. Dumbledore is as powerful as Grindelwald, but doesn't seek power or becoming a ruler. In a battle against evil, not allowing himself to be warped by power doesn't diminish his own power in any way.

Very cute little bird. I read all the HP books and saw the movies but I've never been a fanatic about them. Saw the first two Fantastic Beasts but have lacked the interest for the third. Just watched the trailer for remarkably Bright Creatures. Will definitely watch that. We watched Send Help the other night.
ReplyDeleteCodex I like the imagination and inventiveness but lost interest by book five. These were enjoyable.
DeleteLike Rachel madams. Good?
Remarkably is a comfort watch.
There is an excellent article in the Walrus on this topic about creating alternate histories.
DeleteCarl
Codex thank you. Do you have the link?
Delete