A few recent watches and movie reviews with no spoilers. Hopefully.
-Geostorm
Neat idea. Excellent cgi. Action flick that is a lot of fun.
-Spiderman new one (I've stopped keeping track of the mcu universe)
This one is quite good. All about the value of friendship.
-Masters of the Universe
Why?
-Coherence (2013) scifi
Surprisingly good low budget. Goes to show you what a good story and good acting can do. Highly recommend but do not read what it's about. The whole thing is wth is going on?
-Automata 2014
Banderas. Robot become sentient and humanize while humans dehumanize. I just saved you two hours.
Spider Noir mini series
Nicola cage as an aging spiderman. A lot of film noir originality. We watched in color but black and white also an option. Recommend.
Dr strange and the multiverse
Enjoyable.
Havent watched any avatar beyond the first. Any good?
We watched Spider Noir in black and white. A completely different take on the Spiderman genre. I love Nicolas Cage. Read a short article about him once. He loves to work, doesn't care if it's a big blockbuster or low budget, will often be filming more than one movie in a year. Haven't seen either of the two sequels to Avatar though I am interested. Avatar 4 is being filmed and 5 is planned. Which service streams Geostorm and Coherence?
ReplyDeleteCodex
DeleteCage is an eccentric actor. Not a good actor but oddly compelling. The overacting in spiderman (his weird gestures) just fit. Makes me smile. Saw an interview where he openly admitted that he made some dumb financial choices and worked his way out of it. Impressive.
I think they were both on Netflix. Want me to check? Wait I think Coherence was one of youtube free movies. Do you know about it? Some of the scenes were improvised dialogue so it's really authentic and how I'd approach the problem. You'll like it.
Our reaction was whoa that was really good.
Codex
ReplyDeleteYup try youtube free movies. Carefully. Spoilers and the whole thing loses it's tension. Figuring out the clues with them is the fun part. Let me know here what you thought.
After all the hype I didn't like the first avatar. Cameron stole all the imagery from Japanese video games.