![]() |
| My prompt: "Representation of AI" through an image generator |
I woke up the other day to find that my phone had updated and changed the color scheme. Anyone else?
I now had garish fluorescent pinks and yellows that clashed with everything else and made everything difficult to read. Spent a little while changing it to more usable colors.
Then thought of the color prompts some of my readers use as writing prompts. An idea that was interesting in painting prompts for my art journals, was using a bunch of color swatches to glue in and alter. It was an interesting experiment, but the names made me chuckle "caramel cashmere" to evoke luxury of painting your walls beige.
Then came LED lights that I couldn't paint under until enough people complained and a less harsh blue offered the option of the incandescent warm light I grew up with. Walking by windows that had installed those neon bulbs that changed colors for atmosphere. My artists eye doesn't find it relaxing.
Much of this is is using us as human experiments testing for the future of a digital world that will make "real" fake and prepare human sensory perception for the magenta color separation of printers.
These are not good changes. Because many of these colors do not exist in the real world.
Our environment is being altered. We get to run a maze of click here, watch this. The public is barely amazed at the new Artemis 2 images because CGI has already created better images for science fiction.
I was certain that reading a lot of blogs in which knitting is talked about would give me more suggested ads about knitting. Oddly it didn't. Knitting is a favorite hobby among many, but I assume not one that the textile industry invests marketing dollars in.
I was watching a heartwarming video of a hummingbird rescue (the ingenuity of a popsicle stick and duct tape...)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=E9MxTo1W2PY
And was completely distracted by other rescue videos below it. Horrific abused animals and mangled AI creatures of the you won't believe...sensationalism. Scientists cannot explain type of AI slop.
The image above was text to image generated. I prompted it several times and kept getting an unrealistic female form with Metropolis movie vibes.
So I'm being told what colors to like. What hobbies I should be interested in. I'm being shown an aesthetic that isn't mine. Shown images that I consider disturbing. This is what a small group of non-creatives are telling the rest of us to like and thereby limiting our choices.

Why does the robot have boobs? This culture is obsessed with boobs. What does a robot/AI need with boobs. They should at least be weapons, shoot lasers out or something.
ReplyDeleteThe textile industry wants to sell you clothes, not teach you how to make them. So you knit? That's a good skill to have. I never learned, put my energy into sewing.
I don't watch a lot of videos and don't feel like I'm being led to like stuff. Who knows maybe I'm just unaware.
Codex: The images is what's being programmed and it's deeply concerning because it's juvenile.
DeleteSpouse knits. I can make rectangles. It's relaxing. My point was that I'm not being shown what I might find interesting or calming. (I'm not really interested in knitting but appreciate it).
Your feeds are not interrupted by ads? (Heard that it's worse in cities)
The only sm sites I visit are FB, Threads, and sometimes Bluesky. No ads on the last two, lots of 'sponsored' and 'follow' pages. Almost all things I'm interested in.
DeleteCodex: Thanks.
DeleteEg. If I look at some youtube new scifi. I end up with horror as suggestions.
Wonder if it's settings?
If I look at art journals I used to get all kinds. Now it's sponsored or ads as suggestions.its on some websites as well.
I remember when my phone upgraded and got the colours, I like it. I don't like that robotic woman image though, it's as unrealistic as an original Barbie Doll.
ReplyDeleteCodex well that's what juveniles might like.
DeleteEveryone has a different color preference.
LED Lights give me an intense headache so I won't buy or use them and don't like to be in Spaces that do. I like to have my Options and not new technology forced upon me involuntarily. Enhancements are too often for my liking and not all make anything better, just more redundant to where then they want you to Buy then next new thing and force you to by phasing out what it replaced, ad nauseum, coz it never stops.
ReplyDeleteCodex sigh I know but I'm tired of it. LEDs alter color and just seem dim.
DeleteThe tech now is moving too fast.