"Never argue with stupid people.
They will drag you down and
beat you with experience"
So I have the current variant of Covsshh. Mild and the symptoms are called "stuttering". Two days of a painful cough then fine for two days then the nose starts and stops like it can't decide what to do next. Fatigued. Then comes a spectacular sneeze.
And I'm angry.
For the last month it's circulating globally. There is nothing else going around but the media and public health are not mentioning it. Under 65 it's just a cold over it's the summer flu. Nope.
My friend is in his 30s and it's who I got it from. He had 4 days of a runny nose really sick then trained (the one thing you're supposed to do is rest) then got worse.
What's circulating is highly contagious but mild.
Why am I angry? Two weeks ago stood in line in a store. Didn't notice the cashier was practically dripping on the counter. Had I known I would have masked. I asked for him to put on a mask. He's a nice considerate guy and he did by putting it on his chin to cover his mouth. He put on gloves because they no longer had disinfectant. All the lock downs and he didn't understand that his nose shouldn't be hanging out there. Its just a cold he said. I said nothing else. People don't care.
Another friend stood too close to me. Instead of distancing he clamped his mouth shut. What will that do? He rambled about his opinion.What's the V in Cov.....?????!!!!
In synchronicity or a meaningful coincidence yesterday was the 25th anniversary of 9/11 which changed our world. I remember. I also remember sitting in a cab listening to conspiracy theories. Bush had ignored advice that attacks were coming turned into he had staged it himself.
While getting stuck with caregiving during covid, I remember. I remember the caregiving organizations that harassed my father to the point that I had to get a court order. Unqualified staff showing up with their mask on their chin. People in stores becoming aggressive accosting me because I wore a mask. During the worst of it I never caught it and didn't bring it home but had loud arguments with cab drivers. Please wear your mask. I don't have to. Yes you do. An enclosed space where I needed to listen to conspiracy theories that this was lab created.
Children who don't want to learn become adults who don't want to learn. Stupid people being stupid. Anger and disdain.
Masks reduce it by 30%. It would be higher but n95s are not fitted.
The reason they work is size. Other resp. Viruses are the size of a pea compared to corona which is the size of a pilates ball.About 1500 people died during 911. Innocents who became a symbol for a tall financial building, who had nothing to do with government decisions. First responders as well.
the who estimates that 180000 health care workers globally sacrificed their lives during covid. Friends of friends died so that idiots get their "freedom" from masks and offer their belligerent uneducated opinions.
A few dinky memorials with uninspired commissioned art is how they were thanked.
I remember. I shall never forget.

No comments:
Post a Comment