Wednesday, May 27, 2026

Exceptional human talent

 I came across a video that I initially watched for the Japanese dance team that has evolved hip hop dancing to the next level. They are incredible. Since the video is short it took me a while to realize that the music is created with two human voices: Dharni a Grandmaster beatboxer and his wife a singer.

There is no enhancement of any kind. At most he uses a cup and straw.

Group: Avantgardey

Dharni and Mamiko

https://youtube.com/shorts/C5SVQuVMTME

The collaboration is incredible. Dharni has expanded his repertoire does a lot of cover songs from EDM to old pop songs using anything from beatboxing, throat singing to imitating sounds.

I'll add more as I come across them, I'm astonished that no instruments other than human voice is being used.

Beatboxing has its roots in rap and carried the idea of battling eachother into the genre

 Unlike rap, the competitors impress eachother with the sounds they can produce. There is little animosity, the message when they do use lyrics is much more positive. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Codex Right? I've seen a lot of interesting performances this took it up a notch.

      Delete

Climate change heatwaves chernobyl

 This is a brief post on a very big topic and my frustration with current events. Working in other countries gave me an appreciation what a ...